Preserve Your Oral Health with a Routine Dental Cleaning and Examination
A regular professional dental cleaning and examination can help preserve and maintain natural teeth. Routine care can ensure that decay and other oral health problems are detected in the earliest stages and that treatment is provided as quickly as possible. At Designing Smiles in Hackensack, NJ, Dr. Judith Mamah offers routine dental care and a comprehensive list of dental services for the entire family. Our team is dedicated to providing a warm, friendly, and comfortable environment so our patients can feel at home and receive the quality care they deserve.
Importance of Routine Dental Cleanings
Routine dental examinations and cleanings are recommended by the American Dental Association to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Even with impeccable at-home oral hygiene, plaque and tartar can accumulate in areas that cannot be reached with brushing and flossing alone.
Investing in your smile can help you avoid costly restorative work and extend the longevity of your natural teeth.
Providing much more than a brighter smile, biannual dental visits can also help prevent more serious issues, such as tooth decay or gum disease. Recent studies have also shown that there is a link between dental health and whole-body health. By keeping bacteria levels at bay in the oral cavity, you can also reducing bacteria in the bloodstream, resulting in an overall healthier lifestyle.
Benefits of Preventive Dental Care
Regular dental cleanings certainly help to keep your smile whiter and brighter. However, routine visits to your dentist reach far beyond aesthetics. Preventive treatments can address problems before they become severe, saving you time, worry, and money in the future. Investing in your smile can help you avoid costly restorative work and extend the longevity of your natural teeth. Some additional advantages of routine dental care include:
- Prevention of Gum Disease: Dental cleanings flush out the bacteria that can lead to periodontal disease and smooth the tooth surface to discourage tartar from reattaching.
- Detection of Cavities: Routine dental examinations help your dentist diagnose tooth decay in the earliest stages. If a cavity is left untreated, it can result in more severe problems such as tooth loss.
- Prevention of Bad Breath: Regular cleanings help keep your breath fresh by eradicating foul-smelling bacteria in the mouth.
- Overall Health Maintenance: The same bacteria in the mouth can be carried to other parts of your body, causing serious problems such as heart disease and stroke. By maintaining regular cleanings and examinations, you are investing in your overall health.
- Prevents Tooth Loss: Bacteria can cause tooth decay and gum disease, both of which can lead to tooth loss and the need for costly restorations, such as dental implants. Eliminating infection-causing bacteria helps keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Oral Cancer Screening
When it comes to oral cancer, early detection is vital. The current survival rate of newly diagnosed patients is approximately 57 percent. This statistic can be drastically improved with early diagnosis. During every routine examination at our office, an oral cancer screening will be performed. Visual assessment and palpation will be used to detect any lumps, bumps, or abnormalities. The screening process is typically straightforward and comfortable, and can be performed in under five minutes. This quick and simple procedure is a vital part of a routine evaluation, and can possibly save a life.
Schedule a Consultation with Us
If you are interested in learning more about preventive dental care, schedule an appointment with Dr. Mamah. We are committed to bringing the highest quality dental care possible to our community. We encourage you to be proactive with your dental health, and arrange a visit for an examination and a cleaning. We can help you find a cleaning schedule that will best meet your needs. You can call our office at (201) 343-4302 or contact us online anytime.
“If you are looking for a new Dentist or you need a change, Dr. Mamah and her staff are amazing. I had the greatest experience and felt so relaxed.” Debra S.