Dental Implants: The Ultimate Treatment for Tooth Loss
Often considered the gold standard of tooth replacement options, dental implants provide unparalleled support for lifelike dental crowns, bridges, and dentures. For patients who have struggled with tooth loss or an unsatisfactory dental appliance, this treatment can be an optimal, even life-changing solution. Dr. Judith Mamah at Designing Smiles places and restores implants to improve the smiles and quality of life for patients in the Hackensack, NJ, area.
About Dental Implants
Dental implants are very small threaded posts, typically made of titanium, and are surgically placed in the jaw to take the place of lost tooth roots. Through a process called osseointegration, the implants fuse to the jawbone, forming a sturdy, stable anchor for prosthetic teeth. In order to ensure this process occurs successfully, patients must have sufficient bone density and be in good oral health.
When topped with a custom restoration, the implants stimulate the jaw, improving oral health as well. Specially made dental crowns, bridges, and full dentures can be attached to implants to function just like your own teeth. With secure, implant-supported appliances, you can bite, chew, speak and laugh with confidence, knowing your teeth will not wobble or slip out of position.
Benefits of Implants
Additional dental implants benefits include:
- Dietary freedom: Dental implants provide unparalleled support to restorations, allowing you to experience near-perfect oral function with no need to alter your diet. You can enjoy all of the foods you love.
- Convenient hygiene: There is no need to remove restorations for cleaning - you brush and floss your implant teeth just as you would normally.
- Aesthetics: Improved fit and lack of shifting make implant prosthetics appear remarkably lifelike, often indistinguishable from natural teeth. Implant-supported dentures support sunken areas around the mouth and can erase years from your appearance.
- Oral health: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone as you chew your food, preventing the bone atrophy that naturally occurs when teeth are missing. This process eliminates the need to resize or replace prosthetic teeth because of bone loss and improves long-term oral health.
- Longevity: With proper hygiene and regular dental visits, your durable, state-of-the-art implants should last for decades, even a lifetime.
The superior advantages available with dental implants make this life-changing treatment an extremely worthwhile investment for many patients.
Implant Dentistry at Designing Smiles
A member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), Dr. Mamah has extensive post-doctoral training and years of experience in implant dentistry. Our practice offers complete dental implant placement and restoration services, including convenient Teeth-in-a-Day treatment. Often, patients who need a full denture can undergo extractions and implant surgery, and go home with new teeth attached that same day.
At your initial implants appointment, Dr. Mamah will discuss your health history and treatment goals. To assess the density of your jaw bone (and plan precise placement of your implants) she will use a painless, 3-D cone beam scanner. Some patients need a prerequisite grafting procedure to prepare for implants, but Dr. Mamah’s specialized implant techniques can often eliminate this requirement for many patients.
In practice for over 25 years, Dr. Mamah has helped many dental implants patients restore full function and beauty to their smile.
Dr. Mamah places dental implants in an outpatient office procedure. We provide safe, effective sedation options so you can expect to remain very comfortable throughout the placement process. Over the next three to six months, you will wear a temporary restoration while your jaw heals. Once osseointegration is complete, you will return to Designing Smiles to receive your permanent, lifelike restoration.
Schedule Your Appointment
Designing Smiles provides complete restorative dentistry services, and can offer every stage of dental implants treatment at our advanced office. In practice for over 25 years, Dr. Mamah has helped many dental implants patients restore full function and beauty to their smile. To schedule a consultation, please contact us online or call our office at (201) 343-4302 today.
“If you are looking for a new Dentist or you need a change, Dr. Mamah and her staff are amazing. I had the greatest experience and felt so relaxed.” Debra S.