Dramatically Improve Your Grin with a Smile Makeover
At Designing Smiles in Hackensack, NJ, we believe comprehensive dental care should be catered to each patient. Your needs are unique, and your treatment should be custom-made to reflect your individuality. For patients with multiple cosmetic concerns, Dr. Judith Mamah can design a personalized smile makeover treatment that combines two or more procedures to help you achieve your desired smile. Dr. Mamah and our entire team are dedicated to providing you with high-quality dental care in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
Even if you enjoy excellent oral health, you may not be happy with certain aspects of your smile. Crooked teeth, stained or discolored teeth, or asymmetry may affect the aesthetics of your appearance, resulting in self-consciousness or low self-esteem. A smile makeover consists of a combination of cosmetic treatments to enhance your grin. Because each patient has specific goals in mind, smile makeover treatment will be different for everyone. Dr. Mamah can help you determine which combination of cosmetic treatments will help you achieve the smile you desire.
The primary objective for a smile makeover is aesthetic improvement. In order to undergo cosmetic treatments, patients must first be in good dental health. Therefore, oral health issues such as extensive decay or periodontal disease must be addressed before you can undergo a cosmetic procedure.
Available Cosmetic Treatments
At Designing Smiles, Dr. Mamah offers a number of cosmetic treatments to improve the appearance of your smile. Some of the common procedures typically included in a smile makeover are:
- Teeth Whitening: If tooth discoloration is due to environmental factors, such as foods and beverages, professional teeth whitening can dramatically lighten natural teeth, resulting in a youthful, brilliant smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Crafted from high quality porcelain, veneers can restore a tooth to its natural shape and size. Because they are natural-looking, porcelain veneers bring lifelike aesthetics to your appearance.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Using a tooth-colored composite resin material, a dental bonding procedure can be performed to camouflage minor imperfections. Cosmetic bonding is often employed to treat minor chips, cracks, and discoloration.
- Invisalign®: For patients who wish to straighten their teeth discreetly, Invisalign offers an aesthetically-pleasing alternative to traditional metal braces. Using a series of custom-made, clear thermoplastic trays, the Invisalign system gradually moves teeth into their desired positions with gentle, constant pressure.
A smile makeover consists of a combination of cosmetic treatments to enhance your grin.
Options in Sedation Dentistry
Many patients experience dental anxiety. This can be due to a negative past experience or the fear of discomfort or pain. Thankfully, advances in medicine allow us to offer sedation for your relaxation during dental procedures. At Designing Smiles, we value patient comfort, and strive to deliver the most pleasant experience available. The two sedation options we offer in our practice are:
- Nitrous oxide: Commonly referred to as “laughing gas,” nitrous oxide is safe and effective for patients of all ages. The mild sedative is delivered through a nosepiece, which is worn throughout your procedure.
- Oral sedation: Dr. Mamah will prescribe a medication for you to take at home before you arrive at our office. You will remain conscious—albeit extremely relaxed—during the procedure, and you may even fall asleep.
We can accommodate a wide variety of needs at our office. Dr. Mamah can help you determine which sedation option is the best for you.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If there are aspects of your smile you would like to improve, schedule an appointment with Dr. Mamah to determine if a smile makeover is right for you. Call our office at (201) 343-4302 or contact us online.
“If you are looking for a new Dentist or you need a change, Dr. Mamah and her staff are amazing. I had the greatest experience and felt so relaxed.” Debra S.