Full Mouth Reconstruction
If you are suffering from multiple oral health issues, you may feel as if there is no hope for your smile. Fortunately, the team at Designing Smiles in Hackensack, NJ, can restore smiles in virtually any state of compromise with full mouth reconstruction. Dr. Judith Mamah specializes in these personalized treatment plans and can design a unique combination of procedures to completely rebuild your smile.
Do I Need a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Generally, Dr. Mamah recommends full mouth restorations for patients who have oral health issues affecting most or all of their teeth.
We can customize a treatment plan to address a wide variety of concerns, including:
- Missing teeth
- Fractured or broken teeth
- Severely worn teeth
- Jaw pain
- Chronic headaches
- Periodontal disease
- Gum recession
- Congenital conditions
- Tooth decay
Before recommending a full mouth reconstruction, Dr. Mamah will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health and discuss your goals, concerns, and budget with you. Based on this information, she can tailor a plan that suits your unique needs.
Commonly Combined Procedures
Depending on your needs, your full mouth reconstruction may include:
- Dental implants: An implant-supported restoration can replace missing teeth and provide an unparalleled level of stability. This solution also stops the bone recession that follows the loss of a tooth.
- Dental bridges: A bridge can fill gaps in your smile with one or more replacement teeth.
- Dental crowns: Dr. Mamah can place a crown over a damaged tooth to restore its integrity and appearance. She can also use an implant-supported crown to replace a single lost tooth.
- Dentures: If you have lost most or all of your teeth, Dr. Mamah can provide a traditional or implant-supported denture.
- Fillings: For small areas of decay, a dental filling can replace damaged tissue and restore the strength of the affected tooth.
The number and type of procedures you need will determine how long your full mouth reconstruction takes and how much it costs.
- Inlays or onlays: Dental inlays and onlays are a good option for moderate areas of damage that do not require a dental crown, but are too extensive for a filling.
- Periodontal therapy: We offer a range of treatments for gum disease to restore your periodontal health.
- Root canal therapy: A root canal can save an infected tooth and prevent the need for an extraction.
- Tooth extraction: For teeth that are beyond repair, Dr. Mamah can perform an extraction and replace the removed tooth with a custom restoration.
Once the health of your smile is restored, you may wish to also achieve an aesthetic upgrade. Dr. Mamah can recommend additional cosmetic treatments to enhance the appearance of your teeth for a complete transformation.
Treatment Duration and Cost
The number and type of procedures you need will determine how long your full mouth reconstruction takes and how much it costs. We can provide a cost estimate after your evaluation based on your personalized treatment plan. Some of the procedures included in a full mouth reconstruction are covered by dental insurance, while treatments such as dental implants typically are not. We can discuss financing during your consultation to help you find a way to budget for the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve.
Restore Your Oral Health
If you are suffering from multiple oral health issues, a smile makeover can help you regain your health and your confidence. For more information about this comprehensive dental service, contact our office online or call (201) 343-4302 today.